from The Azure Podcast , on 6/15/2017 , played: 245 time(s)
Evan, Russell and Sujit have a good discussion on all topics Data with CSAs Phil Murphy and Robin Lester from Microsoft UK.
Update: In-Memory OLTP in Azure SQL Database Premium
Monday, June 5, 2017
Starting today, you can take advantage of the following improvements to In-Memory OLTP technology in Azure SQL Database Premium:
• You can create more than eight indexes on memory-optimized tables.
• You can use sp_rename for renaming memory-optimized objects.
• We have eliminated the limit on the number of commit dependencies. You will no longer receive the corresponding error message.
• You can use the CASE expression, the CROSS APPLY operator, and all JSON functions in natively compiled T-SQL modules.
• You can create computed columns in memory-optimized tables.
Microsoft joins Cloud Foundry Foundation
However, we aren’t done. Far, far from it. Today, at the Cloud Foundry Summit in Santa Clara, I am honored to join Abby Kearns, executive director of the Cloud Foundry Foundation on stage to announce that we have joined the Cloud Foundry Foundation as a Gold Member. Cloud Foundry on Azure has seen a lot of customer success, enabling cloud migration with application modernization while still offering an open, portable and hybrid platform. The partnership with the Cloud Foundry Foundation extends our commitment to deeply collaborate and innovate in the open community. We remain committed to create a diverse and open technology ecosystem, to offer you the freedom to deploy the application solution you want on the cloud platform you prefer.
In addition to joining the Cloud Foundry Foundation, we are also extending Cloud Foundry integration with Azure. This includes back-end integration with Azure Database (PostgreSQL and MySQL) and cloud broker support for SQL Database, Service Bus, and Cosmos DB. We even included the Cloud Foundry CLI in the tools available in the Cloud Shell for easy CF management in seconds. Here are some additional details on the integration offered between Azure and Cloud Foundry.
POWER BI PREMIUM Now generally available (not azure)